Monday, November 17, 2008

Shreddin'

I decided to take the snowboard up for the weekend to mix it up a little bit. Friday night, Ryan Kate and I headed up to Copper Mountain and found some cheap little hotel in Frisco to crash in for like 15 bucks a piece.

Saturday we made it to the mountain fairly early and had an awesome day. The mountain was crazy packed, verifying the name of the only run open "White Ribbon of Death." However, the snow was still awesome and made it more of a challenge for me to get better on my board.

Apres ski - We met up with Kate's friend from high school (Arthur) and headed out to explore the night life of Vail. After a very interesting night of bar hopping - getting a ride home from a police officer to avoid the cab fee (seriously, we just simply asked him for a ride home) and avoiding an altercation with a guy due to me telling his girlfriend "to get off of my chair," we headed back to his ridiculously sweet house. Seriously, he got this house from another couple's divorce settlement which cut the price of the house down to about a third of what it was listed as. It has about 5 temperopedic (sp??) beds, a hot tub, and overlooks a national refuge on the side of the mountain. The best part of it all though, is that he is completely down to Earth and will make an excellent ski buddy this season.

Sunday I had Ryan drive me to the mountain on his way back down to Denver since Kate and Arthur take about 10 times longer to get ready (well specifically Kate does). I met up with another friend from Denver who came up for the day and rode for about 3-4 hours before the other two made it to the mountain.

I think I definitely hit a breaking point for snowboarding - I can officially "ride switch" (with my opposite foot forward) and feel completely comfortable on jumps (I can almost do a grab).

Wednesday Ryan Jonny Arthur and I are going to the U.S. World Cup Qualifying match in Denver. We got freaking sweet seats (with "Sam's Army") and this will be my first time seeing a soccer match of this caliber!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....you canNOT do a grab. shut UP. are you serious? Andy, when I get out there and you are 1,000 times better than me on a snowboard, I'm going to have to break your legs. I'm not kidding. So, either stop practicing and getting sweet, or have broken legs. Your choice. <3