Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Birth of a Salesman

I am officially a salesman.

Most of you that know me well probably couldn't picture me sitting in a cubicle...period. However, that's what I'm doing now and love it. Like I said in my previous post, it's really easy to get people stoked about spending a lot of money at a ski resort since snow riding is one of the things I love the most. I also work split shifts majority of the time (when we filled out our availability and hours I simply wrote "I want the most ride time possible") which gives me plenty of time to exercise and move around during my long day of work. I come in from 7am-11am, then 3pm-7pm - plenty of time to tear up Copper Mountain. On a side note, we got a ton of snow (finally) the past few days. So I've been ripping plenty of freshies in my spare time. Since my job is to basically sell everything that we have to offer at the resort, we get to "test out" everything as well. So next month our office is going on a 2 hour snowmobile tour over the continental divide, I get free demo ski/board rentals, a free one hit wonder at Woodward (I'll explain in a minute), tours of all the lodging areas, food tasting at majority of the Copper-owned restaurants (and bars haha), and of course my free Ultimate Pass (free skiing at Copper, Winter Park, Steamboat and five free passes to any other resort in Colorado excluding Vail Resorts).

Last week I did my one hit wonder at Woodward and IT WAS SICK. Here's what Woodward is: http://www.woodwardatcopper.com/site/index.html
Make sure you look at the pictures to really understand what it's like. By the end January, I plan to do AT LEAST a back flip on my skis. Stay tuned for pictures!

Last weekend at Copper we had the Grand Prix. It's the first Olympic Qualifier for snowboarding in the Superpipe. There were Olympic athletes from all over the world including: Shaun White, Louie Vito, Gretchen Bleiler (who looked at me, I swear!), and many others. It was awesome to see some of the new tricks they learned and to just randomly see them at bars, walking around the resort, talking with them on the phone to actually book their rooms.

Today I had to make a quick trip down to Denver to finally clear out my expensive storage unit and pick-up a few things that I need for later today (don't want to jinx anything, so I'll tell everyone about it later).

I love where I live. My roommate is awesome and his girlfriend is a little sweetheart that cooks for everyone ALL THE TIME. She's 25% French, 25% Irish and 50% Chinese. Needless to say, she is one of the most amazing cooks.

Another side note - I blocked my blog so random people can't look at it. So if there's anyone who wants to see this, make sure you give me their email addresses so I can send it directly to them. Or just set-up a blog account and friend me. :)

No comments: