Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Prodigal Roommate Returns

I can't even begin to explain how nice it is to have a roommate again, especially Al. Even though it's only temporary, he's sleeping on the couch, and I have to wake up at 6:00 am to go to work, it still really brings back some of that youthful energy I had back in college (that doesn't mean I'm getting old now, it just means I'm more motivated to go out and do things after I get home from work).

Tuesday night a bunch of my friends out here (Al's old friends from college as well) decided to give him the proper Denver welcome by going out to the Park Tavern for some 2 for 1 drink specials and watch the Red Wings vs. Avs game. Even though the Wings lost, we had a long night of making Al taste different Colorado brews and trying to figure out how Ryan and I could have someone sign us into school on Thursday and Friday so we can start our ski trip earlier.

Last night I went for a 2k swim and then met up with Al at his aunt and uncle's house in Centennial (just south of Denver but still considered Denver metro area). His dad made us a phenomenal dinner (Bourbon glazed salmon, potatoes, asparagus, etc...) and Al hooked me up with some nasty ass beer (Little Kings).
Today is the last day before Christmas break, 2 exams to give, grade a bunch of benchmark exams, kick some ass at Trivia tomorrow and then enjoy the freshies until making the trip back to Michigan!!!

No comments: