Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back to Reality

Well I was definitely on a runner's high for about two or three days and was rudely awakened several days later to the stress and lack of support I'm feeling at work. I'm not going to go into much detail (since everyone can read this), but these last few weeks have been quite challenging and be elevating my levels of anxiety.

However, I do have another race coming up at the end of September to close out the triathlon season and soccer coaching to keep myself grounded. The JV team is 0-3 right now but with a lot of potential. Many of these guys have never REALLY played soccer before and need to learn basic skills (shooting, passing, trapping, etc..). I feel if our guys learn to finish and control the ball more, we will be take down the majority of the teams we play. All of the guys work hard and are respectful (minus a few which sat almost all of yesterday's game to make my point clear). And they're awesome. I love just hanging out with them and helping them grow as athletes. It helps me forget any of the stress that dampens my day.
As far as the race goes, it's a 750m pool swim, 14.3 mi on the bike and a 5k run. I've been really working on my transitions and have somehow managed to squeeze decent training into my life. I feel for all of you that wake up at 5am now. Below are the elevation maps of the bike followed by the run - quite intense!!!

But other than that, the harsh reality is... sometimes people forget to appreciate things that other people do for them. That pretty much explains everything.

1 comment:

Alecia said...

Wow...how do you fit all that into your day? I'm impressed! I feel like I am constantly running on a treadmill with this whole teaching thing and I can't move forward!!! :)