Monday, September 15, 2008

New Friends

I was quite happy with the end of last week. Three soccer games and shuffling students to different classes is quite exhausting. However, this weekend help me put all that behind me. Saturday morning I woke up and had to work (professional development at 8am), which was not too big of a deal since I get paid for it. However, Friday night's Edward 40 hands definitely made it quite a challenge to roll out of bed. School is West for me, so every morning I get to enjoy the beautiful view of the mountains as I head to work. As it turned out, early Saturday morning Colorado got its first major dump. The mountains were covered with snow instead of the usual brown dirt. I cannot wait to strap on my snowboard!

The professional development (as I eluded to before) was extremely painful due to my hangover, but extremely useful. I completed majority of my planning for Chapters 2 and 3 of my Algebra class, which occupies about a month of the school year :) Finally, I'm starting to catch up! Afterwards I took a much needed nap then headed over to my friend Ashley's for a little get together.

Sunday afternoon, Jonny, Ryan and I met up with Ashley and some friends (whom I met at Saturday night's party) to play some pick-up soccer. What a blast, I cannot explain enough times how much I miss playing. Ashley's friend Ofer (sp?) also gave me some information on some co-ed leagues around the area. Looks like I'll be putting a team together to help me keep in shape during my off season :) To top it off, a group of people came over after the game and invited to play Ultimate Frisbee with them. I love how everyone out here is so friendly and active. It makes it really easy to make friends and never be bored. Speaking of, I have been meeting quite a lot of people in the Denver area these past weeks (runners and triathletes at Ashley's, more teachers at the PD, friends of friends, etc).

Now that I'm getting caught up with school, I'm starting to find more time to enjoy life.

No comments: